Saturday, August 13, 2005

How is my Espanol?

Quite pathetic. Am easily forgetting whatever little I picked up on my last trip to Bogota. I dont have any spanish speaking friends to practice my spanish with in Boston( Tu Hablar Espanol, no puedo espanol, jo hablo poquito espanol..stop it!!), and the little time I get to talk with Luisa, we dont get to practise my spanish atall....So, for now i am still stuck with all these phrases that I memorized on my last two trips to Bogota
Muy Lindo....Jo Queiro hablo con luisa, por favor. Muchas gracias, Senorita. muchas frio...como estas...jo estava esperando tu llamanda....grrr....yeah- growling is allowed in spanish too.

Ok , enough. The one thing I am happy about with Luisa being in Bogota( I hope she never gets to this page) is that I can get real cheap calling cards to Colombia. Rates to Bogota are as low as 0.03 cents/min. And.....Colombia is only one hr behind the US. That is sweet. I instantly empathize with all my Indian friends who have had to nurture LD relationships with their loved ones in India. You come back from a long day at work, and you cannot reallly call India, as it is probably real early out there.
But, I'll empathize only for a minute though..It sucks having your lady love in a diffirent continent, no matter what the diffirence in time zones.
Back to my fav country, Colombia. There is so much negative press given to this country, I think i am going to start a series titled " All things good about Colombia". ( I am up for any suggestions from any one out there who gets to my blog).

No comments: